3 hrs. tour in Phang Nga
3 hrs. ATV Tour In Phang Nga
*** This program required minimum 2 participants ***
Phuket ATV is the most well-established ATV in Thailand. Set in 350 acres of wild and fluctuating terrain containing rubber trees, mangroves, hillocks, beaches and jungle, the opportunities here for four-wheel adventure are seemingly limitless. On arrival at the ATV camp we get fitted out with helmets and gloves then, after a safety briefing on the workings of an ATV, our tour guide leads us in figures of eight on a flat piece of ground while we accustom ourselves to the machines (I’m told to relax a little more and to use the footbrake instead of the handbrake). We learn to decelerate into the many gullies and to accelerate out of them.
After a short while, Charles, our English-speaking guide/trainer leads us through some more difficult terrain and it becomes obvious that our 150cc Yamaha ATVs can handle just about anything – in effect it’s the rider’s skills that are tested more than the vehicle. The ATV is designed so that the handlebars cannot snag or bump against trees and other obstacles – rather, the tyres take the impact and it’s almost impossible to overturn.
Pretty soon we notice more and more sand along the trail and in moments we’re in mangroves then all of a sudden on the beach itself. Here, Charles points out the sights, nearby islands and fauna and then we head back to base camp for a 10-minute breather.
The second hour is much more challenging and is spent careening down narrow jungle tracks, up and down inclines and squelching through muddy puddles “Keep a constant speed through mud,” Charles advises. We then stop by a rubber tree for a quick demonstration in how to obtain the white liquid that eventually is processed into Latex sheets. Soon it’s time to get cleaned up at the extensive bathrooms. We’ve been ‘lucky’ today in that there was no rain but Charles insists that the rainier it is the more fun there is to be had. In fact it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that riding an ATV is Phuket’s most fun rainy day activity. Lastly, we kit up and fly down a wire suspended over a lake to land near the home base – this is the Flying Fox, an exciting climax to a very fun morning.
- Adult 4,200 Baht promotion from us 3,800 Baht
- Child 3,400 Baht promotion from us 3,000 Baht (children from 8-15 years)
- Adult 3,400 Baht promotion from us 3,000 Baht
- Child 2,700 Baht promotion from us 2,400 Baht (children from 4-15 years)
Tour Schedule :
- 10.00 am – 01.00 pm.
- Pick up from hotel by air-con minibus/car to Phang-Nga ATV Park (around 50-60 minutes)
- Registration and tour orientation with, safety tips, briefing and ATV training.
- Tour starts by riding on off-road trails amongst the great environment of local farms, plantations and jungles.
- The real adventure starts where the road ends, where you can experience riding in the river, Which allows you to head to the hidden waterfall, secretly kept for all nature lovers. You can enjoy swimming, refreshments and snacks.
- The most exhilarating part is the adventurous up hill trails where you will ride up to the mountain peak. Here you can take a short break to enjoy the fresh & cool mountain breeze and its scenic view and take some beautiful shots for unforgettable memories.
- Next, you ride on off-road trails through the countryside where you can still see the land of thousand smiles. Then have a cool brake at our ATV camp in the village. (including toilets)
- Cool down your ATV and yourselves by riding down hill and back to the ATV camp, enjoy fresh fruits in season, a sandwich and cold beverages and transfer to your hotel.
- Protective gears (helmet and glove), rain coat (on rainy day), drinking water, fruits in season and insurance for rider & passenger (ATV’s damages not covered).
What to Bring:
- Sport wear (ready to get muddy), sport shoes, sun block, sun cap, sunglasses, dust mask or cloth and insect repellent.
- The riders must be in good physical and mental condition to ride safely. Therefore, no influence of alcohol and drugs, pregnancy as well as physical problems are not allowed.
- Children under 16, riding ATVs must be supervised by parents/guardian and tour guide/instructor or tour operator.
- In case of rider with passenger, acceptance will be under tour operator’s consideration and guests shall accept to sign a waiver form and use protective gears such as helmet, glove etc.
- During the tour, strictly follow the tour guide/instructor. The tour operator has the authority to stop any risky riding or unpleasant mannerism with no refund.